Date Idea (Any Cold City): Snow DaysPosted by Guest Author - 21/01/11 at 11:01 am
Another fun date idea from regular guest author, Katie B.!
With all this snow dumping on us lately, my thoughts are occupied with travel delays, staying in bed, spending my entire paycheck on boots, coats & cashmere sweaters, AND romantic date ideas. Ok so maybe the date thoughts are occasional, but they are on my mind.
Being from Northeastern Ohio, I’m used to feet, yes FEET (plural), of snow-I understand the monotony of staying in and watching movies or bumming around the local coffee shop, so I’ve compiled a list of fun snow date ideas. When everything is blanketed in snow, embrace it and have a fun time with your snow bear or bunny! And when you’re freezing your tails off after a fun afternoon outside, you have a great excuse to cozy up together in front of a crackling fire…
1. Build a snowman! I know its a little cliché but it can be fun, especially with a handsome man. I love doing kid stuff with my guy, it’s fun and we always end up laughing, giggling, rolling around in the snow…and afterward you can reward yourselves with a hot apple cider while cuddling on the couch. Rum is optional.
2. A Chair with a View. This is possibly my all-time fave. Take a few chairs out to a spot with a nice view (or pull up the recliners to the window) and enjoy getting to know each other while you drink hot cocoa and snack on cookies. This doesn’t require really getting out in the wintery mix and getting all bundled up to brace the frigidness of old man winter which is why it can be one of the nicest winter date ideas.
3. Sledding. Remember grabbing a sled or disc and taking off downhill with your best friends? Why not grab a date and do the same? I’ve gone sledding before with a date and it is one of my favorite wintery date ideas-it’s a great way to get out of the house when you’ve got the winter blues and can be even better when you strip off your wet clothes at the end of the day! Ahem.
4. Take a sleigh ride! I’m still investigating if these can be done nearby…take a horse-drawn sleigh ride around town while you cuddle under a blanket and sip spiked hot cocoa.
5. Skiing or Snowboarding. I don’t think these need any explaining –get out there and hit the slopes! And if you aren’t the most avid skier or snowboarder, enjoy an Irish Coffee with your boo while you watch others hit the half-pipe.
6. Have a photo-shoot! Snowy weather provides great backdrops for photos-trust me I have a ton a few pictures that will go to show that the snow gives you a healthy glow & provides awesome scenery. Grab your camera and have fun capturing the season with your snow bunny.
Whichever you pick, by now you’ve probably figured out that the best part is to add Bailey’s or peppermint schnapps to… well, anything and cuddle by the fire with your sweetie. Hope you keep things hot this cold winter with your favorite snowman!